tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: [VOTES] Tomcat 4.0-Beta-1 and New CVS Repositories
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:55:42 GMT
> >so +1 , but i continue to not see any advantages in maintain another
> >repository..
> >

> Like Nacho I turn my -1 to +1 since I don't want the TC 4.x development
> to be stopped or features freezed but I feel that It will became
> hard to find our way in 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 and 4.1

I don't see any problem - there are 2 codebases - the "original" tomcat (
3.x ) and catalina ( 4.x ).

For 3.x, the stable version is 3.2, the development version is 3.3.
( we also have 3.0 and 3.1 - the previous "stable" versions - still in
use, including 3.0 )
For 4.x, the stable version will be 4.0, the development version 4.1.

For 3.x I would like that we keep it as it is, with branches/tags for
releases and the development going on in the main tree.

Costin