tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Bug #618
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 18:09:06 GMT
> What seems to be happening is that when the connection is reset by the
> client (only IE 5 does it in this case), all of tomcat crashes.  I run the
> same JDK and tomcat version on another linux box and I do not see this
> problem.

That seems to me like a JDK problem - probably the 2 linux boxes are using
different, or something like that.

In any case, a VM shouldn't crash, regardless of the bytecode it runs (
unless JNI is used ). If it crashes - change it, or someday you'll install
a servlet that runs the same bytecode and will crash your server.

( I'm a bit sick today, probably next week I'll start working again on
bugs and I'll try to reproduce it on 3.3 and 3.2.1 - but its a small
chance to have the same libraries and JDK and conditions. )