tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert C Bennett" <rbenn...@ideaweavers.com>
Subject Bug #618
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:35:02 GMT
I am having a problem with Tomcat and JDK 1.3 on linux that seems similar to
bug #618

http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/618

What seems to be happening is that when the connection is reset by the
client (only IE 5 does it in this case), all of tomcat crashes.  I run the
same JDK and tomcat version on another linux box and I do not see this
problem.

Does anyone have any ideas of a workaround or fix that might cure this?  I
am really at a loss as to what might make it work differently on our two
machines.  This happens when the IE user clicks on another link before the
page finished loading. Here is a stack trace:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:413)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:267)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(SimpleTcpEndpo
int.java:248)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:319)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by
peer

-Rob Bennett
rbennett@ideaweavers.com