tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Kuz <m...@ServiceIntelligence.com>
Subject gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:50:41 GMT
Hello all,
How do I remove a worker from the load balancer without killing its current
sessions?

i.e.: I don't want any new sessions created on that worker, and the existing
sessions must be allowed to expire 'naturally'

(I can't just delete the entry from the balanced_workers property of the
load balancer or current/established sessions get killed/ are not redirected
to the
proper worker)

Our setup: We've got multiple Apache web servers behind LVS with multiple
TC(3.2) boxes behind the web servers...

Thanks in advance....

Michael R. Kuz
Developer