tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #698 has been filed.
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:25:43 GMT
Bug report #698 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/698>

REPORT #698 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat 3.2.1
   JVM Release: java version 1.3 (Solaris) and java 1.2.2 (Linux)
   Operating System: Solaris and Linux
   OS Release: 5.7 and 2.2.14
   Platform: SPARC and Intel

Synopsis:
tomcat still allows viewing of a jsp even after the jsp file has been removed from webspace.

I removed a jsp from Tomcat's webspace and then happened to
hit back in my browser which returned me to the jsp I was
previously viewing. I found this odd considering I had rm'ed
the jsp file in question. I stopped and restarted Tomcat but
the jsp was still viewable in my browser. I also cleared my
browser cache (just in case...). Only after I had removed
the compiled jsp from the work directory did I finally get
a 404 error in my browser.

I have to assume this is not appropriate behavior. If the
jsp file is no longer within the webspace, tomcat should
display a 404 error and not honor the request by using the
compiled version
of the jsp page.