tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitbull.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4.0-beta API Change: Security Manager Facades
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:36:44 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan typed the following on 02:59 PM 1/19/2001 -0800
>> So what do we need a 4.1 branch for then?
>
>If we take the action Remy recommends, we won't.  I'm +1 for this

OK, I understand the motivations for this. When/how do you think the
PersistentManager code I submitted last week should be integrated?
I hate to put more untried code into 4.0, but I'd really like to see it
committed somewhere where people can try it and I can build onto
it. I have a number of things I'd like discuss doing with the session
classes, like refactoring StandardSession into an abstract class and
implementing the locking/request completion stuff we've discussed
here.

Kief