tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject I get an error with mime-types on Tomcat 3.2.1
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:30:17 GMT
I was testing an installation of Cocoon 2, Tomcat 3.2.1, Xalan 2.0.D06,
Xerces 1.2.3, and Windows 2000.  I only came accross this error using
the Netscape 4.75--I did not get this error with Mozilla 0.6+ or with
InternetExplorer.  As I am not subscribed to this list, please copy
my directly (Pier Fumagalli is approving it for me) with any resolution.

When Tomcat can't find a Mime-Type, it fails with a NullPointerException
    that gets propogated back up to Cocoon--and Cocoon renders the
    error page.  The Stack Trace says that it occurs with readers:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.MimeMap.getExtension(MimeMap.java:195)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.MimeMap.getContentTypeFor(MimeMap.java:213)
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletContextFacade.getMimeType(ServletContextFacade.java:132)
        at org.apache.cocoon.reading.ResourceReader.getMimeType(ResourceReader.java:13
         at ....

(Tomcat 3.2.1, Cocoon 2 [1/23/2001 14:00:00], Xalan2-D06.jar)