tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Milstein <dan...@shore.net>
Subject Re: jserv SHUTDOWN_GRACEFULLY functionality with mod_jk?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:29:58 GMT
Stefan,

Michael Kuz actually submitted a nice patch to do just this, which I've been intending to
apply.  The only thing which has held me back is that you have to restart apache to let it
know that it should stop sending new sessions to a particular TC instance.

Since you're interested in this area, can I ask you (and anyone else interested) two questions:

 1) Do you think restarting apache is a problem?

 2) Did the jserv code require restarting apache?

Thanks,
-Dan