tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Milstein <dan...@shore.net>
Subject Re: sendRedirect to PDF - repeats 3 times?
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:16:46 GMT
Are you using TC in standalone mode?

If not, are you using mod_jk?  If so, which protocol are you using for your web server talk
to Tomcat (ajp13? ajp12? jserv?).  Now that I mention it, what web server are you using?

Thanks,
-Dan

> Dave Frankson wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am experiencing a strange error, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Using Tomcat 3.2.1 or the latest 3.3, I have a simple servlet that has two lines of code
in its doGet method which forwards a request to a pdf:

> System.out.println("Forwarding to the PDF...");
> response.sendRedirect("http://localhost:8080/campus/pdf/iep.pdf");
>
> When I use IE 5.0 (version 5.00.2920.0000) and hit the servlet with a GET request, the
servlet executes three times and then fails to redirect to the pdf.

> The weird thing is this doesnt happen in IE 5.5 and it doesnt happen in Netscape.  I
need to get this fixed, and I was hoping someone could point me at the code I need to work
with.

--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net