tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Interceptors
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:51:07 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 1/19/01 9:38 AM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Impact on the overall
> > 4.0 release cycle is more problematic -- I think we would want to do this in a
> > new
> > beta round and add a week of intensive testing to make sure nothing got
> > destabilized.
>
> Remember that Sun does not control the 4.0 release cycle.

Agreed ... I'm talking about the *Apache Tomcat* release cycle, where we agreed in
the release plan to have a feature freeze / bug fix round on 4.0, and work towards a
production quality release quickly.  API surgery is not something normally done late
in a cycle like this.  That is why it needs to be discussed (and voted on, IMHO)
before we change what was previously agreed to on TOMCAT-DEV.

> -jon

Craig