tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: messing around
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:16:35 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Ok, so I just decided to mess around with the URI a bit and just got this
> interesting error. If you want to play around, the setup is the *same* as
> what is in Scarab's CVS.
>
> URL attempted:
>
> http://localhost:8080/servlet/scarab/template/Register.vm
>
> Error:
>
> A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
>
> Exception Report:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Class org.apache.turbine.Turbine is not a
> Servlet

Fixed.  The problem was a little more subtle than I first thought ... the parent
class loader (which, among other things, makes the servlet API classes
available) of the webapp class loader was not getting initialized correctly when
you put your own <Loader> element in server.xml.  This works now.

Craig