tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #688 has been filed.
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:49:20 GMT
Bug report #688 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/688>

REPORT #688 Details.

Project: Catalina
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: M5
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 2000
   Platform: intel

Synopsis:
Classes not in WEB-INF/classes not recognized as a Servlet (followup to Bug 604)

In my web site, I do not put classes in WEB-INF/classes directory.  My servlet implementation
classes that are not in this directory but in the class path were accepted and undestood to
be valid javax.servlet.Servlet classes with M4, but M5 has broken this.  With M5 if my servlet
classes are not in this directory but the class is in the classepath, the class does get instantiated
but the casting to Servlet (in side core/StandardWrapper.java line 738-40) fails.