tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eilers <...@stardivision.de>
Subject Re: Webdav Servlet
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:41:50 GMT

> Hi,

Hi there !

> today I looked through the webdav servlet. Now I have two questions: On
> an OPTIONS request the header is not containing the "MS-Author-Via: DAV"
> line.

I just had a brief look at ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2518.txt

and guess what I could not find any reference for an "MS-Author-Via: DAV"
HTTP header field being required by a WebDAV implementation.

Could you please provide a reference to where in the WebDAV related
standards this has been defined ?

Section 9.1 of rfc2518 though very clearly describes a required DAV:
Header that could be used by WebDAV clients to detect wether a resource
is a WebDAV resource.

> So the MS webdav tools will try the frontpage extensions first.

That's a problem of the MS webdav tools, not using the "DAV:" header for
detection but instead expecting a Microsoft Products only non
standardized header parameter, isn't it ?

> If this header line would be added to (unneeded) requests would be
omitted.

> [...]

> Bye,
> Ulf