tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Weinrich" <dwei...@home.com>
Subject The case of the disappearing webapps...
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:13:38 GMT
Howdy,
I have some weird behavior with tomcat-4.x ( both 4.0 and 4.1 from cvs )
if I do the following:

  * place a .war file in the webapps directory ( in this case the
    struts .war files ).
  * startup catalina normally...everything works fine.
  * shutdown catalina.
  * startup catalina again normally.

the expanded directories corresponding to the .war files
now are missing all content...the only things that remain
are the *.xml and *.tld files in the WEB-INF directory.
  I haven't yet submitted a bug report, as I wanted to make
sure this wasn't a known-issue and possibly locate the
source of the problem first. Has anyone else had this
problem or anything like it yet?

David Weinrich

note: the system this is running on is Win2k and jdk/jre 1.3