tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Frankson" <dfrank...@uswest.net>
Subject sendRedirect to PDF - repeats 3 times?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:10:34 GMT
Hello all,

I am experiencing a strange error, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Using Tomcat 3.2.1 or the latest 3.3, I have a simple servlet that has two lines of code in
its doGet method which forwards a request to a pdf:

System.out.println("Forwarding to the PDF...");
response.sendRedirect("http://localhost:8080/campus/pdf/iep.pdf");

When I use IE 5.0 (version 5.00.2920.0000) and hit the servlet with a GET request, the servlet
executes three times and then fails to redirect to the pdf.

The weird thing is this doesnt happen in IE 5.5 and it doesnt happen in Netscape.  I need
to get this fixed, and I was hoping someone could point me at the code I need to work with.

Thanks,

Dave Frankson