tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Arshad Mahmood" <arsh...@rohas.com>
Subject Re: catalina classpath question
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:46:18 GMT
Thanks Craig, that clears up the issue.

Regards,
Arshad
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Craig R. McClanahan
  To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 11:42 PM
  Subject: Re: catalina classpath question

  Arshad Mahmood wrote:
    Hi, I am trying to setup an application under Catalina and can't seem to find a way to
add another directory to the CLASSPATH for a web application. Is there a way to add a directory
like "WEB-INF/resources" to the CLASSPATH. I can solve my problem by adding my files below
"WEB-INF/classes", but I would prefer not to do that. Regards,Arshad
  Catalina follows the servlet spec requirements, which say that unpacked classes under WEB-INF/classes,
or JAR files under WEB-INF/lib, are the only places a webapp can provide classes (or resources
loaded via Class.getResource() type calls).  So, even if we modified it to be non-spec-compliant,
your app would still not run in any other container.
  Craig