tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: A better proposal for compiling JSP's with debugging info
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:21:07 GMT
Hi Larry,

I'm +1 on implementing your changes - setting options for jsp is very
important ( I use jikes most of the time ).

Setting jasper options in web.xml has many problems, and I don't think we
should do it.

I agree adding a ContextManager/Context property is the best solution for
3.2 - minimal changes, no "danger".

For 3.3 we can do the same thing, but it might be better to set the
properties on JspInterceptor - it's more direct and proably easier.

Whatever you choose is fine ( and we can fix it later ) - it's important
to get the functionality we need and see how it works, and then we can
do some refactoring if needed.

Costin