tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Aiken, David" <David_Ai...@bmc.com>
Subject Sharing look/feel across webapps
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:01:58 GMT
hi all..

We're creating several web applications which must share a common look/feel.
We have thought of combining them into a single webapp - this will work, but
requires a convoluted install/upgrade/uninstall strategy. I suspect that
objects kept in the session context will persist across apps on the same
server, and the CLASSPATH could hold any required classes for tags et al,
but i'm not sure if  tag library declarations or includes of JSP pages/CSS
style sheets across app boundaries would work. Does anyone have a useful
strategy to solve this problem?

thanks!
david aiken