tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <>
Subject Re: [BUG TRACKING] change to
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 20:29:38 GMT
on 12/2/2000 10:06 AM, "Nick Bauman" <> wrote:

> Or my own stupidity. But you my be right. I've been a friend of Apache
> since 0.9 days and I tried everything. When the request without the
> trailing slash arrives at Tomcat, tomcat thinks it's received a request
> for "", ie, nothing, according to the logs. I add the trailing slash and
> presto, everything is as it should be.

You do know about trailing slashes and how they are supposed to be handled,

URI's without a trailing slash are essentially invalid (ie: does it point to
a file or a directory or a resource?) and the server is supposed to issue a
http redirect for the same url but with the trailing slash in order to
resolve the issue if it points to a directory in order to deal with relative
paths to things. It is a long and very complicated issue.

It sounds like the connector you are using for Tomcat isn't dealing with
that issue properly.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

View raw message