tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [BUG TRACKING] change to jakarta.apache.org
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 20:29:38 GMT
on 12/2/2000 10:06 AM, "Nick Bauman" <nick@cortexity.com> wrote:

> Or my own stupidity. But you my be right. I've been a friend of Apache
> since 0.9 days and I tried everything. When the request without the
> trailing slash arrives at Tomcat, tomcat thinks it's received a request
> for "", ie, nothing, according to the logs. I add the trailing slash and
> presto, everything is as it should be.

You do know about trailing slashes and how they are supposed to be handled,
correct?

URI's without a trailing slash are essentially invalid (ie: does it point to
a file or a directory or a resource?) and the server is supposed to issue a
http redirect for the same url but with the trailing slash in order to
resolve the issue if it points to a directory in order to deal with relative
paths to things. It is a long and very complicated issue.

It sounds like the connector you are using for Tomcat isn't dealing with
that issue properly.

thanks,

-jon

--