tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <Dion_Vanseven...@psdi.com>
Subject Multiple Tomcat 3.2.1 standalone + SSL - HELP please
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:43:53 GMT

Sorry to post to this list, but no one on the Tomcat Users list seems to know
how to do this (or if they do, they don't want to share ;-) ).

I need to configure Tomcat 3.2.1 *standalone* with SSL to run separate instances
on multiple IP addresses/domain names on the same machine. I have been searching
through the Tomcat Users archives and the Tomcat Dev archives as well as any
documentation I can find, but have not found a clear answer as to how to do
this.

We need this to support multiple clients who have their own domain names/IP
addresses on our servers, but are completely separate from one another (much
like a Web host I guess). Shutting down or restarting one instance should not
affect any other running instance.

Could someone *please* either provide the information to me (say maybe a sample
server.xml file) or point me to the correct documentation describing how to do
this? I have been banging my head against my desk for almost two weeks trying to
figure this out.

If desired I will produce documentation of the steps needed to do this and post
them for others to use as I am sure I am not the only one trying to do this (it
just feels that way right now).

Thanks in advance.

(Please CC me on replies as I am not subscribed to the list, thanks.)

Dion Vansevenant
Internetwork Administrator
MRO.com