tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Schmitt, Christian" <Christian.Schm...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject AW: [C2] C2 and Tomcat 4.0 CVS (Class javax/servlet/http/HttpSer vletRequest violates loader constraints)
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:59:13 GMT
Hi Craig,
I did some further testing with this strange error.
I've added some debug code to
org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.RepositoryClassLoader to find out
when the class that's causing the error
(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) is being loaded. I did find a
difference when running under NT or Linux:

Under Linux HttpServletRequest is loaded near line 120 with the call 'c =
findSystemClass(name);'.

Under NT this call fails and HttpServletRequest gets loaded near line 130
with the call 'c = cl.loadClass(name);'.

Again, under NT everything works just fine, where under Linux I get
'java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
violates loader constraints' resulting in a major :-((

May be someone knows what's causing this.

Thanks,
Christian Schmitt