tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Barbara Nelson <bnel...@extricity.com>
Subject How to enable Jikes without changing Tomcat 3.2 source code
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:33:31 GMT
I succeeded in getting Tomcat 3.2 final to use Jikes rather than Sun's
compiler, but only after I changed the code in
com.apache.tomcat.context.WebXMLReader.  Is there any way to enable it via
config file?  The settings in conf/web.xml don't appear to be being read.
There is a comment that says that conf/web.xml should be merged with
server.xml.  Is there some directive I can set in server.xml to set Jikes as
the compiler?  I tried setting it in the web.xml in examples/WEB-INF, but it
complained about reloading the JspServlet.  We redistribute tomcat as part
of our product, and I'd really like to distribute exactly Tomcat 3.2 final,
rather than a slightly modified one.

Thanks in advance,
Barbara Nelson.