tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitBull.com>
Subject Re: [tomcat-4.0] building is hard
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:59:24 GMT
Stuart Roebuck typed the following on 16:41 14/12/2000 +0000
>On Thursday, December 14, 2000, at 09:44 AM, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
>> Someone (me! :) proposed to do as they do in XML land with the Xerces
>> project. They distribute a simple "xerces-tools..." JAR containing all
>> libraries required for the build. What do you think? Would it be a good idea
>> to do the same for Tomcat? I'd rather not check in JARs in the CVS, but I
>> believe that a single big zip with all libraries would be great...

Maybe as an option, but it should also be easy to build using libraries
you already have installed. Seems silly to download a separate copy
of ant, xml parser, etc. for each project.

Kief

---
              bitBull makes the Internet bite: http://www.bitBull.com/demos/