tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rick...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: Jasper tag class usage: bug?
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:57:54 GMT
Hi!

Pierre Delisle wrote:
> The current implementation of Jasper (in all versions of tomcat) does
> not
> "reuse" tag handlers. Not a bug, just a not-so-efficient implementation.
> No-one has had/volunteered the time to look into it so far. We're just
> about done with the new JSP 1.2 features, and efficiency should become a
> priority in the near future.

Ok, I see. I am using tags so much, that it would be great if this
feature could be added eventually.

> Glenn has suggested some cool ideas that can help you in the short term.

Unfortunately neither of them works well in my case. :-(

> And if you really care about efficiency and open source products, we'd
> all be very happy to see you contribute ideas, patches, etc... to get
> this
> done asap.

I understand. Unfortunately I'm too busy working on JBoss and a ton of
other OpenSource projects (one of which is a web app framework similar
to Struts, hence the reason I'm looking into tag usage efficiency).

regards,
  Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg