tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] JSSI for Tomcat
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:41:13 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 12/9/2000 6:21 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
> wrote:
> > If it is Tomcat-specific, is there any reason it really needs to be a separate
> > Jakarta project at all?  Why not just absorb it into Tomcat?
> Problem with that in my eyes is that Tomcat is supposed to be the reference
> implementation of the Servlet and JSP spec's, not of SSI.

Except that Tomcat already has "outside the spec" features up the kazoo,
your favorite (saving session state across server restarts :-).  Even something
mundane like serving static files or the invoker servlet is not part of the
specification.  What's the big deal about one more feature?

> -jon

View raw message