tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Milstein <dan...@shore.net>
Subject Re: TC 4.0M5 / TC 3.2.1
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 18:37:03 GMT
> > 2) There is many works&patch done on AJP13 by Dan Milstein but only for
> > TC3.3 AJP13.
> >    Will they be included in TC 3.2.1 ? I'm waiting for the patches on TC 3.3
> > to see how
> >    to incorporate in TC 3.2.1
> >

> If people running AJP13 think that the patches are good ones, I'd say let's go
> ahead and incorporate them in the "tomcat_32" branch so that they'll be included
> in 3.2.1.

Unfortunately, the patches are all against a file which doesn't exist in 3.2 (modules/server/Ajp13.java).
 In 3.2, the relevant file is service/connector/Ajp13Connector.java.  So it wouldn't just
be a matter of patching.

If people do like the patches (and no bugs are found in them after a few days), I can probably
make a few of the simpler fixes to Ajp13Connector (e.g. fix the multiple cookies problem).
 Other things (e.g. multipart forms) are a lot more work, and I'm still trying to improve
the 3.3 code in some basic ways.  I think it will make more sense to try to bring 3.2 in line
once I've got everything squared away.  Does that make sense?

-Dan

--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net