tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Win32 Build Docs have UNIX line endings
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:24:22 GMT
Michael Percy wrote:

> Shouldn't the Win32 Build docs and source files be using CRLF instead of
> just LF? Admittedly, most *developers* on Win32 systems have a decent text
> editor, but everybody has Notepad, which only handles CRLF. Can we do
> anything about this oversight?

Which particular files are you thinking of?

The only files that *must* have proper line endings to build Tomcat correctly on
a Windows system are the batch scripts.  Ant, and the Java compiler, are
perfectly happy with Unix line endings.

Be that as it may ... Larry Isaacs was kind enough to convert line endings in
the "jakarta-tomcat-3.2-src.zip" file that is available in the downloads
directory.

> Thanks,
> Mike

Craig