tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Rubenis <pa...@tc.umn.edu>
Subject Apache (1.3.6)/SSL + tomcat 3.1
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 19:41:49 GMT
	I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and resolved
it.  I have installed SSL support for my version of Apache.  I have
created a self signed certificate.  I have followed the directions to
install tomcat 3.1 and have Apache forward .jsp and servlet requests to
tomcat.  I can start Tomcat and then start Apache just fine.  I can go
to a secure URL on the server just fine.  It is once I try to get a .jsp
file that things start to go awry.  As soon as the request is made for
the jsp file, I get a warning in my browser saying that I have requested
a secure document, but it is not unsecure.  If I hit continue, the
connected is immediately broken and I get a tcp connection error.

	Apache and Tomcat are using the default 8007 port, if I turn SSL off,
it works just fine.  Read the faq-o-matic I did see someone say they had
gotten this configuration to work, but he did not include the details.

--
| Paul M Rubenis - System Administrator                             |