tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #563 has been filed.
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:25:07 GMT
Bug report #563 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/563>

REPORT #563 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: feature
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2, 4.0
   JVM Release: n.a.
   Operating System: n.a.
   OS Release: n.a.
   Platform: n.a.

Synopsis:
Make JDBCRealm not a final class

The JDBCRealm is a cool feature and I have got it working alright. But I need to add an extra
feature like storing the passwords encrypted in the database and not in clear text. Therefore
I only need to override the authenticate method in the JDBCRealm class and add the encryption
algorithm. But since the class is final I'm not allowed to do this and must therefore write
a whole new class. If the Tomcat project is interested in the encryption realm I'm willing
to submit/donate the code.