tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Wilson <>
Subject Refactoring: oo-spaghetti-o's?
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:03:27 GMT

Interesting article: Reminds me of attempts in the old days to deal with
what was called "spaghetti code". BTW, the subject line refers to an old
commercial in the U.S. in which the words "oh, oh spaghettio's" were

Some people have commented that oo-programming based on message passing
between passive objects often results in the "spaghettification" of

There is a Java library called JCSP that instead uses active objects to
improve system modularity: active objects communicate by channels (over
an interface) and a client cannot invoke a server method unless the
server accepts the request. Info about the library is at

Happy Holidays

Roy Wilson

On 12/22/00, 3:42:17 AM, "Punky Tse" <> wrote regarding
[OT] Holiday Reading - Refactoring:

> Hi guys,
>     I read from some threads that Costin mentioned that 3.3 is a
> of 3.2 code.  Here I found an article about Refactoring:

>     Enjoy!

> Merry X'mas
> Punky

View raw message