tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Wilson <desig...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: Kudos to Jason and his benchmarking report
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:54:51 GMT
Craig,
CRAIG: One of the positive outcomes to these efforts will be to help
determine what the default settings should be.  IMHO the goal ought to be
"reasonably good performance for the largest possible number of users
with no tweaks", which might be a little optimistic -- but many people
who install Tomcat struggle with concepts like classpaths ... trying to
tweak performance settings is going to be way beyond their comfort zone.
ROY: I agree completely.  I also think this suggests the need to do
benchmarking using the same request or set of requests so that results
vary by machine configuration and software configuration, not request
type.
Roy
--
Roy Wilson