tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shahed Ali" <sha...@enoor.com>
Subject Socket Exception using Tomcat 3.2.1
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:52:01 GMT
Hi,

I upgraded from Tomcat 3.2 to 3.2.1 on Solaris Intel JDK 1.3 w/Apache 1.3.14 (Stronghold 3.0)

I even recompiled mod_jk.so with the 3.2.1 src/native/apache1.3 .c file. (BTW a diff -b seems
to indicate that both
the TC 3.2 mod_jk.so and the 3.2.1 .so generated the same object code)

I had 2 web app configured that worked just fine under Tomcat 3.2.

Using exactly the same configuration (other than changing the paths etc) one of the apps works
fine under TC 3.2.1, but the
other gives me the following stack trace and I get a 500 Internal Server Error when I go past
the login page in my application.

Both the apps use the same framework for jdbc connection pooling / logging in etc etc.

The moment I reverted to Tomcat 3.2, everything works fine.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receiveFully(TcpConnector.java:150)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receive(TcpConnector.java:121)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:146)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Any idea whats going on ?

Thanks
Shahed.