tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Anderson" <MMAND...@novell.com>
Subject EmbededTomcat.java requires jsse
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:38:36 GMT
I updated my source from CVS yesterday and all of the sudden I couldn't build.  I got an error
saying javax.net.ServeSocketFactory not found in import when trying to build src\share\org\apache\tomcat\net\SSLSocketFactory.java.
 I looked at the build.xml and it looked like it shouldn't even be trying to build SSLSocketFactory.java
since I didn't have the jsse classes in my classpath.  However, looking in the EmbededTomcat.java
that was checked in on 11/17, it now does an import of org.apache.tomcat.net.* and directly
references org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.  Is there a way to fix this or are we now
going to need to add the jsse jars to the build classpath?  If I do need to add the jsse jars,
we should probably update the README to mention this so that others don't pull their hair
out like I did for a while today.

Thanks,

Mike Anderson
Senior Software Engineer
Platform Services Group
mmanders@novell.com
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novell.com