tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 5
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:47:50 GMT
> Whaoo, Tomcat 4.1. Allready ?
> But what about support for Tomcat 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3.... (bug fixes)
>
> It seems clear for you that Tomcat 3.2 (and the full 3.x line)
> are allready products in end of life.

I don't know how you reached that conclusion, but I'm sure it's wrong -
tomcat 3.x is far from over :-)

I know there is a lot of missinformation and confusions and interests,
but AFAIK development continues on 3.3 and probably will continue after
that ( we hope the core will be frozen after that - but it's not because
it'll be "end of life" but because it'll be in a finally ready and we can
start working on individual modules and new features ).

An open source project is alive as long as people are using and
contributing to it - and there are many things that are developed right
now - and the code continue to be enhanced and improved. That's what
happen with tomcat 3.x.

Costin