tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Ferry <dav...@opencloud.com>
Subject A question regarding source release.
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 02:52:23 GMT
Hello,

I work for a company called Open Cloud.
We have implemented a set of patches against tomcat 3.2b4 that allows the
servlet engine to be distributed.

If servlets are written specially requests can be restarted if a given
servlet engine node fails.

We do load balancing and distribute the session object with the
same state equally across members of a cluster.

So heres the situation:

We are considering releasing these patches to give to the tomcat project,
but they require a closed source, commercial product of ours.
Are these patches useful given that they require this product ?

I am not subscribed to the email alias, so if you want to reply/flame
please email me directly.

Cheers,
-David

--