tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.3 / 4.0 confusion, rant and plan...
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2000 23:23:50 GMT
> So far it seems everyone is certain about how bad 3.3 is and how good 4.0
> is, and you may be right - but I do hope that you spent the required time
> to understand both.

What would benifit everyone the most is the fastest, most reliable,
feature-rich (past the specs) container/jsp engine out there - be it 3.x,
4.x, or the merging of the two.  Hey, why not do that?  Take the best from
both <shrug>.  Possibly a naive attitude, so sue me =)

Anyways, having great, dedicated people contemplating forking or plain
leaving, over something like this with what appears to be no attempt at a
compromise or clarification at least, would really be a shame.

- r