tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "comman" <com...@protime.com.cn>
Subject Re: The Ping servlet
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:58:44 GMT
The Ping servletPlease send us code or URL ...

Comman Song

Consultant
comman@protime.com.cn

-------------------------------
www.protime.com.cn
Protime Consulting - We build your Internet success
Tel: 53062999x123  Fax: 63852929
11A China Overseas Building, 398 Huai Hai (M) Rd.,
200020, Shanghai, China

  -----原始邮件-----
  发件人: GOMEZ Henri [mailto:hgomez@slib.fr]
  发送时间: 2000年11月10日 17:49
  收件人: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  主题: RE: The Ping servlet

  Yes (but since when can everyone be happy? :-))

  In "Java Performance and Scalability, Vol 1", Dov Bulka takes a similar
  approach to what you've described, I think. He defines a PingServlet,
  which he describes as "the world's fastest servlet" and uses it as a
  baseline for evaluating the perf of more "real" servlets. He also
  describes it as a "performance upper bound": it provides a way to
  "evaluate the upper limit on the throughput of the web application
  server under  test."

  I can send the PingServlet code if you're interested.

  Please send us code or URL ...

  Roy