tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From René Salle <rene.sa...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Absolute URLs on redirections
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 14:03:02 GMT
I suspect my previous mail on the subject included somewhat incorrect
assertions but I delete mails that are not worth keeping... ;-)

Anyway, what's might be worth mentioning is that we use mod_jk, and AFAIK,
that's the way Tomcat gets the host name it uses for redirections and not
through conf files. (I'm definitely not an expert on this.)

I agree that Tomcat must send back absolute URL as stated in 14.30 of RFC
2616, but maybe is there still an issue pending about which server name it
should uses to ensure smooth functioning including behind NAT.