tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Ritchey" <ritchey...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: TC4-m4 startup
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:46:19 GMT
>Hi,
>
>     You can add these lines to Tomcat conf/server.xml:
><Context path="/YourAppALIAS" docBase="path/YourApp" reloadable="true">
></Context>
>
>     The directory path/YourApp have to contains a subdirectory WEB-INF.

Let me clarify a bit, I was wondering how it is you change the location of
the base web.xml found in the %TOMCAT_HOME%/conf directory.  Last night I
posted what I think might be a possible solution, but haven't had a chance
to test it.

Another question...
is the base web.xml even used or necessary, what purpose does it serve?

Just trying to get a handle on all this...

Thanks,

Daniel Ritchey