tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From h..@slib.fr
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/connector/src/webapplib wa.c wa.h wa_connection.c wa_connection.h wa_host.c wa_host.h wa_provider.c wa_provider.h wa_provider_info.c wa_request.c wa_request.h
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:04:53 GMT
> I would rather wait and include the connector stuff in the m5 milestone
> -- that
> way it will get more attention (and bug fixes :-).
>
> Also, I don't see any makefiles or other build scripts for the web
> connector, or
> for the invocation stuff.  I'd be happy to integrate whatever is
> necessary into
> the Ant build.xml files, for the Java stuff.  For the native stuff,
> having some
> simple makefiles is probably sufficient for the initial release -- but
> we will
> need to work out ways to make the build process easier.

I'll do the Makefile (at least for Linux and APXS) for native code.

When packaging my RPMs I found that having to use the whole JAVA + NATIVE code
in the same tar.gz to just build mod_jserv and mod_jk was very ineffective.
As a suggestion, for 4.x (yes 4.x) and 3.x (;-)), why not furnish a tar.gz file
with only source for native code. (mod_jserv/mod_jk for 3.x) and (mod_webapp
for 4.x).

Regards.

Just to show I'm not against 4.x branch but against to many open branches at
the same time ;----)