tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #325 has been filed.
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:33:38 GMT
Bug report #325 has just been filed.

You can view the report at the following URL:

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/325>

REPORT #325 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: webbug
State: received
Priority: high
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment: 
   Release: tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: sun1.3.0-C
   Operating System: win98
   OS Release: fe
   Platform: win32

Synopsis: 
Apache + Tomcat bad link handling

Description:
I ran Tomcat standalone and it works fine.
On the other hand, Tomcat configured as an add-on to Apache (who serves the static files),
with the .dll module loaded has this behaviour:

When I access /testj/hello it works fine with a test servlet.
When I acces /testj/index.html which has a link in it to /testj/hello I receive a 404 HTTP
error.

The same servlet works fine if I put it in the /examples context.

So, if it would have been me, I think it shouldn't work at all, therefor I report it as a
bug.

Mime
View raw message