tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Why tomcat 3.x makes redirects (302) absolute ?
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 06:41:43 GMT
Hi , Remy:

> or something. I think that's why the servlet spec says the
> uri is absolute.
>
> Of course, an intelligent client would know how to handle both ;)

Agree, but M$ seems to be broaded the spec :-).

a NAT handle traffic at a lower level, ca not be able of change part of
the packet transmited, perhaps with apache's reverse proxying it's
possible to make it work, i suppouse that nobody that has a Hradaware
NAT in his system is able to use Tomcat nor Apache redirection trought
them , if anyone can notice of a working NAT using tomcat as web
server... this will be very useful to know of.

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega