tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat3.3
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:47:03 GMT
> 1. In the current "main branch", incorporate all the fixes from
> tomcat3.2,
> plus fixes for the new bugs.
>
> 2. Start with tomcat3.2, and re-do all the changes.

Hi Costin,

My preference is for 1.  I think that the major changes that have been
made in Tomcat 3.3 are needed, and I would prefer to build upon that,
instead of trying to evolve from Tomcat 3.2.  As an example, I think the
current way that ContextManager, ServletWrapper, and Handler interact needs some cleanup.
 I would prefer to see this cleanup occur
in the context of the current Tomcat 3.3 so it can take advantage of
the other improvements.  I think a better result would be achived.

I have been trying to capture all the changes that would need to be
ported.  Hopefully if I have missed one, someone else would catch it.
I would prefer to lose a bug fix or two than lose the changes already
made for Tomcat 3.3.

Cheers,
Larry