tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Percy <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 4
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:55:15 GMT
I believe there would be (or at least SHOULD be! :) many more contributors
to these projects (Tomcat), but maybe some of us are intimidated by the
level of apparent expertise required for this stuff. (Then again, I know we
have some damn good people on these lists.) I am curious, is this the case?
Have you all been writing java apps for years and are steeped in C++ and OOP
for the last decade? Do you have the servlet spec pasted on your wall?

How can I, a perl hacker and aspiring java coder get involved? (How do you
guys know what to do?) At what point would I be considered to be "good
enough" to really contribute some code? Server-side java simply rocks, and
if I could help make it a more viable option for everyone (including myself
and my company) then I would love to do it.

Hope this isn't a totally inane question, but it has been on my mind for a
couple weeks. Just wondering...

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 9:58 AM
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 4

> How could we find more information (and even code) about mod_warp ?
> I'll very happy to test it on Apache 1.3.14 .
> BTW will it be used in TC 3.3 ?

I haven't seen the code, but if it is good code ( and knowing Pier, it'll
be) we'll use it in TC3.3 too - I like mod_jk, but having more choices is

I just hope someone will volunteer to develop the TC3.3
Interceptor for mod_wrap ( if not, I'll do it - if it also supports JNI

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message