tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat 3.2] User's Guide?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:44:02 GMT
Larry Isaacs wrote:

> > It doesn't contain any 3.3 features that I know of because I
> > don't/didn't
> > know anything about what 3.3 will have versus 3.2 =)
>
> This is will help. However, there are some changes in the tomcat_32 "older" version that
would need to be ported to the MAIN version before using it, in addition to moving the "images"
directory,
> etc.  I'm inclined to save this to for a Tomcat 3.2 maintenance release. Does anyone
feel strongly otherwise?

This was the conclusion I came to as well ... the final release still has the old User's Guide
document.  We can take the time to fix that in a 3.2.1 maintenance cycle, once we've assurred
ourselves
that the new version of the User's Guide doesn't contain any 3.3-isms, and has benefited from
any 3.2 stuff added to the old guide already.

> Larry

Craig