tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Brittain <ja...@olliance.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 5
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 01:10:07 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> Just so you know, I've been looking at the AccessLogValve,
>> and am working on getting it into shape to be re-enabled
>> in the default config.  In the process, I'm writing a Valve
>> tester so we can test and benchmark Valves.  It's already
>> running, but it's not quite ready for release yet..
>

> I would like that by default it doesn't do any kind of pattern matching at
> all (unless one is explicitely specified), and just output the standard log.

You're talking about the AccessLogValve itself, right?  You want an
AccessLogValve that doesn't do any fancy pattern stuff, but built only
to do the common log format?  Yes, that would sure help it to perform,
wouldn't it?  And, we could have another Valve that does the fancy log
patterns of people want that feature.

--
Jason Brittain
Software Engineer, Olliance Inc.        http://www.Olliance.com