tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Boyd Waters <bwat...@aoc.nrao.edu>
Subject Re: [TC4] ResourcesBase.setCheckInterval() (not a) bug
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:57:46 GMT
Boyd Waters wrote:

> [...this un-lurking is getting habit-forming...]
>
> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
>
> > What would you think about using a JNDI DirContext as a representation of the
> > resources available to a web application?
>
> Craig:
>
>  I think that the *option* for Catalina to interact with a larger
> namespace is a Good Idea, but my experiments with JNDI implementations
> show these to be rather heavyweight systems.

um, never mind...

Sorry about this, I'm just coming up to speed on the Tomcat/Catalina
architecture. I see that you're using JNDI internally already.

I'm studying the code, trying to figure out where I can patch my RDF
properties storage in...

[...resume lurking mode...]

-- boyd

---------
Boyd Waters                                          bwaters@nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory              http://www.nrao.edu
PO Box 0 Socorro, NM 87801                               505.835.7346

                                        http://www.zocalo.net/~waters
                                                    waters@zocalo.net
---------