tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Clasen ...@ontv.com>
Subject WAP and sessions in Tomcat3.1
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:24:35 GMT
Hi-

    I am experiencing some wierd behavior with a WAP application under
tomcat.

I have the application functioning properly under jServ,
now I am trying to move it into .war format, under tomcat.

Whenever

HttpSession session = req.getSession(false);

is called during a request from a wap phone or emulator, it will never
return null, even when that is the correct thing to do.

I have the app set up for debugging with a web browser, and when that
line of code is called during a request from a browser, it does the
right thing and returns null when it is supposed to.

I checked the archives, and there was an unanswered post about
req.getSession(false) never returning null, and also checked the bug
system, I couldn't find any answers.

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks
Scott Clasen