tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.3 / 4.0 confusion, rant and plan...
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2000 19:01:17 GMT
satan@totalsync.com wrote:

> [snip]

> I believe development on the 3.x tree MUST continue, until Tomcat
> 3.x truly IS the RI of Servlet 2.2.  Anything else would not make sense.
> The numbering (3.2, 3.3) does not matter.

You will find that the 3.3 tree is pretty nearly as big an architectural change
(from 3.2) as is 4.0 (rather than just being maintenance / bug fixes like the
Apache 1.3 / 2.0 example) ... but it's still academic because no one seems to
want to finish what they started.

Therefore, I'm going to spend the weekend integrating all the bug reports and
fixes I can find into 3.2 -- please check the CVS commit reports and remind me
of any that I miss.  In particular, I would like people to check out the
changes to MOD_JSERV and MOD_JK ... I don't have great facilities to test these
exhaustively, so I'm going to be taking the word of some of the patch poster.

Maybe we can get a release candidate available by midweek?

Craig