tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 5
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:21:24 GMT
>I plan to cut a "milestone 5" release of Tomcat 4.0 this coming Friday (or,
>worst case, on Saturday).  As a sneak preview of coming attractions, the
>following cool stuff will be included:

Nice...

>* Initial version of the web connector for Apache

- mod_warp ? Will you include documentation about it ?
  Will it support load-balancing and fault-tolerance à la mod_jserv/mod_jk ?
  I'd like to see if we could use it in 3.2 branch.

>After milestone 5, I propose that we consider Tomcat 4.0 to be "feature
>complete", so that we can commence with a beta cycle, and focus on shaking
out
>remaining bugs -- aiming for a final release either late December or early
>January.

Your planning is to release TC 4.0 for late December or early January ?-)
What about Tomcat 3.2 release ? early December ?

Excuse me but I saw you there a little too optimist.

>At the same time, we can start talking about features and
>functionality we'd like to see in Tomcat 4.1.

Whaoo, Tomcat 4.1. Allready ?
But what about support for Tomcat 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3.... (bug fixes)

It seems clear for you that Tomcat 3.2 (and the full 3.x line)
are allready products in end of life.

But did they even have the time to start their 'production life' ?

I'd like to see what the others contributers of Tomcat thinks about
that.

I'm sorry to say but THERE IS STILL NO STABLE TOMCAT RELEASE.

Home page : http://jakarta.apache.org/

'The goal of the Jakarta Project is to provide commercial-quality server
solutions
based on the Java Platform that are developed in an open and cooperative
fashion'